We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cadieux Cafe

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Cadieux Cafe

What is anyones opinion on this place. Looks like something we may like.

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cadieux Cafe

Well, you need a car for this one. Not too hard to get to, but it is on the east side of Detroit and it basically a quirky neighborhood bar. My view is to keep your decor expectations modest, but go for the feather bowling, the mussels and the beer. Definitely informal, but can be fun (depending upon your crowd, the night, etc.)

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cadieux Cafe

tylerarb nailed the Cadieux with that description.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cadieux Cafe

ok thanks.

It does sound like an interesting place. We play bocce ball league here and are very competative. Love things like that. Especially at a bar. lol

We would only have Sat evening and I think we want to stay in detroit then. Maybe we could visit it Sat Day?

I still have to fit in the Science Center. I found out I get in free with my discovery world museum membership. yeah

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cadieux Cafe

I organize an annual pub crawl through all of the old time bars in Detroit, and the Cadieux is always our first stop for some featherbowling. Love the place!

There are only two lanes, and they book early, so you need to call ahead if you plan on bowling. IIRC it is $40/hour per lane. Up to 12 people can play per lane. Their hours vary on Saturdays too. I know they open early (noon) for us on our crawl in February, so check their hours before you head out there.

Apparently the mussels are great (I personally don't like mussels). They do have some good Belgian ales too - watch the alcohol content though.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cadieux Cafe

Another classic place to try if you get in for lunch on Friday is the Ivanhoe Cafe, aka The Polish Yacht Club. They are only open M-TH 11:00 to 3:00 and Fri 11:00 to 7:00 (or whenever they feel like kicking everyone out).

http://www.ivanhoecafe-pyc.com/pycmain.html

It has been there since 1909 in the old Poletown neighborhood. It is actually in a house at the corner of Joseph Campeau and Fredrick. You would never know it was a restaurant/bar if you were not looking for it. The neighborhood has deteriorated really bad, but the PYC is safe. The owner's husband is a Detroit detective, and there are always cops in the place. Just make sure you park (on the street) within view of the guard watching cars, and tip him a couple bucks when you leave.

Great perch and Polish dishes. Tons of history - make sure you check out the "trough" at the base of the bar.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cadieux Cafe

And some better pictures of the PYC.

hubpages.com/hub/Good_Friday_Perch_Lunch_at_…

I might have been there the day those were taken - a couple of my friends are in the crowd, and I've done several Good Friday's there.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cadieux Cafe

The Ivanhoe sounds like something we would love to see. Friday will not work for us, we have to go the pre game stuff near the ball park before the Brewers Tigers game. :{

We are thinking of coming back for the Jazz festival in September as we have a a short lay off during that time. Maybe then.

i will save the post in my folder

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cadieux Cafe

bBTW When is the annual pub crawl? lol

9. Re: Cadieux Cafe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2009, 06:17