We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight hotel for early flight out of DTW

Which Detroit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
981 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight hotel for early flight out of DTW

Hey guys - I know these things have been asked a million times, but my head is spinning.

My boyfrien has an early flight out of Metro in Sept. and he is thinking about staying overnight and taking a shuttle to the terminal instead of me getting up really early to drive hiim (he is visually impaired and doesn't drive.)

I trolled through the reco's for lower cost places, but I would still like to get come feedback here.

He is on a fairly tight budget... We were looking at LaQuinta, Days Inn, Baymont.... ????

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight hotel for early flight out of DTW

Addie,

I have only used the Crown Plaza. I have always called the hotel and got a good rate! The others I don't know too much about!! Good luck and post about which one you book!

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight hotel for early flight out of DTW

We did a fly & drive. Or drive and fly, last year. Stayed at Days Inn. I'd rate it a servicable 2 star.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight hotel for early flight out of DTW

Of the three you mentioned I'd go with La Quinta. I've stayed there a few times and it is alright. We just stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott. They offered the $100 park and fly special. The hotel was very modern and very well kept. It also had a workout facility, pool, and hot tub. I'd highly recommend it.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight hotel for early flight out of DTW

Hi there - I just finished booking at the Westin hotel (the one that is attached to the terminal) and they have deal on right now that if you stay one night, you get up to 10 days of VALET parking for 0.01!!! So I am staying the night before my early flight for a grand total of 99.01 + taxes....the hotel is stunning and the convenience of not having to worry about getting a shuttle to and from the airport is well worth the extra $30 you may pay!! I have stayed here before, and you can't hear the planes at all....I would highly recommend the deal....the deal is called 'parking is only a penny'. Have a great trip!

Ontario
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight hotel for early flight out of DTW

The Westin's 1 cent deal is fantastic if 10 days provides you with sufficient parking.

I just phoned. We require 16 nights. The additional rate is $24/day (yes, per day) beyond the 10 day promotion. Ouch!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight hotel for early flight out of DTW

I just booked two nights at the Westin-- the night before our early morning departure and the night of our late night return-- for $75 each night through Priceline.com! The Westin website was showing a rate of $189 (weeknights are more expensive than weekends), so that's a terrific savings.

Since we'll need parking for 3 weeks we're just going to park at one of the long-term weekly rate lots and take a shuttle to the hotel.

It's our favourite airport hotel to stay at: luxurious, friendly staff, terrific amenities and good (but pricey) food.

7. Re: Overnight hotel for early flight out of DTW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2010, 05:17