We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Week Parking - DTW McNamara Terminal

Ontario
Level Contributor
84 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
One Week Parking - DTW McNamara Terminal

Hi - where is the cheapest spot to park? It looks really expensive to park at the McNamara Terminal. We will be parking Saturday - Saturday and traveling with two kids...I hate the shuttles, but love to save money!

Any coupon advise would be great!

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Week Parking - DTW McNamara Terminal

US PARK on Middlebelt Road is charging $10 per day, with a frre day coupon on its website.

Park & Fly on Merriman is competitive with US PARK. Both are 24-hour shuttle providers.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,796 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One Week Parking - DTW McNamara Terminal

McNamara deck is insane - think it is over $20 a day now. US Park, Airlines, Quik Park, etc. are at least half the price and can be easier. They pick up at your car and drop off right at the entrance to the terminal. I've spent 20 minutes searching for a spot in the deck and then hauling my bags from the far corner of the roof.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
670 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: One Week Parking - DTW McNamara Terminal

Assuming there are two adults, you can always drop off one adult, the kids, and the luggage and then park off-site. Just requires a few extra minutes of time and an adult willing to handle the kids alone for a bit.

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,116 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Week Parking - DTW McNamara Terminal

I can't think of a single good reason (other than rain) to park in the deck. It is a lot more expensive, offers zero service in finding a place to park, requires you to lug your bags a long distance from the parking spot to the terminal and, on those occasions when I have done it, doesn't even save time versus off-site parking.

Here is another vote for US Park. In fact, I am out of town as I write this and I left my car at US Park again early yesterday morning.

Michigan
Level Contributor
237 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Week Parking - DTW McNamara Terminal

Add another vote for US Park. Half the price and they almost always have on on line coupon for a free day. Plenty of shuttles and good service.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Week Parking - DTW McNamara Terminal

Off-site parking at DTW is much better than parking at the terminals. The shuttles are very good about getting you to the terminals quickly. We usually use US Park or Airlines parking (depending on the coupon we have.)

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,116 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One Week Parking - DTW McNamara Terminal

Leave it to government to provide one-third the service and convenience at double the price. It isn't a new problem at Metro either as it pre-dates not only the McNamara Terminal parking but also the Big Blue Deck.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
361 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One Week Parking - DTW McNamara Terminal

We get coupons in mail all the time, I think it's only a couple of $$ however I googled detroit metro airport parking coupons and there are links to get coupon. Here is one that came up---several different coupons---all probably would work out to about the same price; http//ww.travelbrokersinc.com/detroit_metro_parking.htm

Hopefully, I type the link right. But, if not just do some googleing and print a few coupons. We left our car at one of the of sites last summer, no problem. Shuttle pick us up @ car, drop us off @ door, and drop us by car on way back. I believe it is the only way to go. We even had a friend offer to drive us/pick us up @ airport, but we declined. We live around 1/2 hr from airport.

9. Re: One Week Parking - DTW McNamara Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2010, 05:16