We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for restaurant not to far from People Mover

michigan
Level Contributor
313 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for restaurant not to far from People Mover

Going to Wings game this Friday and looking for a change. No greek(couple with us don't care for it) have eaten at Pizza Papalis, Fishbone's, Sweetwater, Small Plates and Detroit Beer - any suggestions would be appreciated. Don't want to walk too far from the People Moverin case the weather is lousy. Looking for $25 and under per person not including drinks.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,843 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for restaurant not to far from People Mover

Detroiter Bar - not fancy, but a great burger. Across from Bricktown station on Beaubien.

Foran's - have only eaten there once, but looks like they have a good menu and their burger is good too. Great selection of Michigan beer. On Woodward at Larned IIRC.

Mac's on Third - just opened a few months ago. Basically bar food, but the grilled chicken pita I had there last week was excellent. Cheap beer specials too. On 3rd, just south of Fort - can't get much closer to the Joe than that.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for restaurant not to far from People Mover

Sweet Lorraines across from the Ren Cen in the Courtyard Marriott.

Menu: sweetlorraines.com/DET.%20Dinner%2001-05.pdf

Take the People Mover to the Millender stop. From what I recall, I don't believe you even have to go outside.

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for restaurant not to far from People Mover

What about Jacoby's? They redid the kitchen I love the food. Its German, but they have other stuff on the menu as well. Its located across the street from Sweetwater.

http://www.jacobysbar.com/

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
259 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for restaurant not to far from People Mover

I'd also suggest Vicente's Cuban Cuisine.

michigan
Level Contributor
313 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for restaurant not to far from People Mover

thanks everyone. Will do some checking of menus and report back after the weekend....

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
292 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for restaurant not to far from People Mover

So where did you end up? I didn't see this post sooner or I would have suggested Tom's Oyster Bar.

7. Re: Looking for restaurant not to far from People Mover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Detroit
Recent Conversations