We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Parking or Hotel?

London
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport Parking or Hotel?

Hi, I tried to post a topic last night, I seems it did not go.. sorry if i am posting it again.

I will be flying from Detroit airport and would like to know if there is a good place to park my car [ 7 days]. I have been reading some forum and the prices seems to be expensive.

Would it be worth to stay one night at a hotel, if so, where would you recommend?

Thanks,

Level Contributor
3,524 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Parking or Hotel?

The garage by the main MacManara terminal is $20 a day. The garage by the North terminal is $10 a day. There is a shuttle bus between them.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Parking or Hotel?

We have stayed at the Baymont Inn and Suites nearby and used their parking lot. It was about $80 and we were gone for 10 days.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
9 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Parking or Hotel?

There are also several off-site parking locations on Merriman Rd just north of the airport -- they are probably only slightly cheaper than the Big Blue Lot if you are flying out of the North Terminal. If you are flying Delta (McNamara), then there is no advantage to parking at the Blue Lot, and you are just as far ahead parking off-site.

Detroit
Level Contributor
172 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Parking or Hotel?

I recommend booking a "Park, Sleep, & Fly" package. Qwik park on Merriman Rd. offers these kinds of packages starting from $89 USD.

http://www.qwikpark.com/park-sleep-fly.html

5. Re: Airport Parking or Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2011, 05:17