We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outdoor Ice rinks/ Cross country skiing

Kwa-Zulu Natal
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Outdoor Ice rinks/ Cross country skiing

I'll be staying in Royal Oak and I'm looking for a nice, safe and couple-friendly outdoor ice skating rink that does skate rentals. I seem to only be able to find indoor ones!

Alternatively, a highly recommended nearby place to go cross country skiing is an option as well.

Website links would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance for any advice!!!!:)

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,844 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Outdoor Ice rinks/ Cross country skiing

Campus Martius Park downtown has an outdoor rink and I believe they rent skates. It is on Woodward at Michigan Ave. Perfectly safe in that part of downtown. http://www.campusmartiuspark.org/index.htm

Here are some places to ski: michigan.org/Things-to-Do/…

Not sure when you are coming, but we don't really have any snow in the Detroit area yet. First inch fell last night, but not enough to ski.

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outdoor Ice rinks/ Cross country skiing

The City of Warren has a lovely outdoor ice rink. Warren is located fairly close to Royal Oak. They have skate rentals. Check out the link.

www.cityofwarren.org/index.php/farmers-market

3. Re: Outdoor Ice rinks/ Cross country skiing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2011, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Detroit