We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Theater at 2am - Safety concern

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Theater at 2am - Safety concern

Hello everyone,

Is it safe to leave this theater at 2am and look for a cab to our hotel?

I guess a second question is, at that hour, is it best to get to a hotel in the downtown at that hour, or to the airport hotel?

Any suggestions are appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Theater at 2am - Safety concern

Just my opinion, but there likely will be cabs in the area immediately following a performance and lots of people on the street as well.

Re hotel, there is no reason to go all of the way out to the airport at that hour unless you have an early morning flight.

Major hotels in downtown Detroit (see ratings to the left of this page) are perfectly fine. Stick with the higher-rated ones.

Mentioned in this post
Detroit
Detroit
Michigan
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Theater at 2am - Safety concern

Thanks very much. I appreciate it, greatly.

Michigan
Level Contributor
825 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Theater at 2am - Safety concern

I'm not so very sure about easy cab availability near the Majestic complex at 2am. I'll ask around a bit.

I was going to suggest you stay at Ferry St Inn and use their shuttle, but I asked and found it only runs until 11pm. :-(

No chance you'll drive in, or grab a rental car at the airport? Rental cars are often exceedingly cheap, by which I mean under $20/day-- in Detroit on Weekends-- see also hotwire.com Driving in Detroit is easy, because there's just not a lot of traffic compared to cities like Chicago.

Mentioned in this post
Detroit
Detroit
Michigan
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Theater at 2am - Safety concern

thank you so much for the kind help. I will check into car rentals.

Michigan
Level Contributor
825 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Theater at 2am - Safety concern

Car rentals are good anyway, I think, because any kind of transport-- taxi or limo-- from the airport to downtown is expensive. And usually you can find a place to park the rental car that doesn't cost too much, depending on where you're staying.

I talked to the nice folks at Majestic Cafe, the more upscale restaurant/bar in the Majestic Complex. They say it's unlikely to find a cruising cab around there at 2am, but if you ask their bartender he'll summon you a cab which will arrive quickly. So the taxi answer is yes, you can get one. :-)

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Theater at 2am - Safety concern

Many of the downtown hotels will shuttle you to and from the Majestic, as will the highly recommended Inn on Ferry.

Michigan
Level Contributor
825 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Theater at 2am - Safety concern

Ferry St Inn's shuttle unfortunately stops running at 11pm. These folks were asking about a show that gets out at 2am.

Only downtown hotel I'm aware of with a shuttle is Holiday Inn Express, and theirs is only to events at the major sports stadiums (Comerica Park, Ford Field, Joe Louis Arena) as far as I know.

Mentioned in this post
Comerica Park
Comerica Park
2,353 Reviews
Detroit, MI
Ford Field
Ford Field
717 Reviews
Detroit, MI
Joe Louis Arena
Joe Louis Arena
586 Reviews
Detroit, MI
8. Re: Majestic Theater at 2am - Safety concern

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 15:17