We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Budget Friendly Furniture in Metro Detroit

Which Detroit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
14 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Budget Friendly Furniture in Metro Detroit

We will be making a trip to the west side of metro Detroit and Ann Arbor for furniture shopping. We are mainly looking for accent furniture. On our list is World Market, Pier 1, and Ikea. Are there other stores in that area with similar pricing and style that we may want to add to our list? (We have been to Art Van, the chain furniture stores like that are not what we are looking for this time around.) Thanks!

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Budget Friendly Furniture in Metro Detroit

On South Industrial (on the south side of Ann Arbor) there is a whole string of resale shops, deliberately located close together. You can find some unique items that are good bargains if you have a couple hours to pick through those shops.

If you google Ann Arbor resale shops you'll get a nice map of them. My first stop would be the PTO one--they only take good quality merchandise.

detroit, mi
Level Contributor
128 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Budget Friendly Furniture in Metro Detroit

There is a national group of stores called Home Goods. They have a unique selection of accessories, bedding, and accent pieces. They have stores all over Michigan.

http://www.homegoods.com/locator?searchLocStr=ann+arbor+mi

Good Luck.

Michigan
Level Contributor
818 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Budget Friendly Furniture in Metro Detroit

I was at Ikea this afternoon. Dismal. There's almost nothing in the place. I was told they're getting ready for a remodeling of the store later this summer-- about which I'd heard absolutely nothing-- and so are letting the stock run out.

I was disappointed, and was not able to get what I went for. If I'd made a special trip way out there I probably would have been angry.

FYI

4. Re: Looking for Budget Friendly Furniture in Metro Detroit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 04:15