We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

duty free store at DTW

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
duty free store at DTW

can any one tell me if I can buy sunscreen at the duty free store at DTW.. I would like to be able to travel with a carry on bag only (going to mexico), and since we have a limit on liquids I throught I would buy it after I have gone thr security.

I was going tp pick it up at the store on the resort , but if I could pick it up at the airoport then its one less thing to do.

or, would there be any other store in the airport were i could buy sunscreen, and maybe bug repellent????

thanks for any information

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
7,031 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: duty free store at DTW

I can't say that I have ever seen it, but I have also never looked for it. I'm not sure it would be much of a money maker for duty free to devote shelf space to it vs. booze, cigarettes and overpriced food.

You should be able to fit some 3 ounce or smaller trial size tubes in your 1 quart ziploc allowance. That should keep you covered until you get a chance to stop at a store in Mexico - I'm sure your much more likely to find it there. If you have a special need, like prescription level sunblock, you might be able to claim it as medically necessary which is exempt from the 3 ounce rule. It can also set you up for a battle with TSA and the risk of losing an expensive bottle of sunscreen.

2. Re: duty free store at DTW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 05:17
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now