We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tickets to a tigers game

Which Detroit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlottesville
Level Contributor
331 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
tickets to a tigers game

me and a buddy will be in Detroit on Thursday, June 6th and were thinking about going to the Tigers 1 pm game against the Rays, but we're not sure we want to commit by buying tickets in advance. What do you think the scalping situation will be like outside the stadium before the game? And is that the best way to get a good deal, or is something like stub hub a better way to go? Or simply walking up to the ticket windown and seeing what they have left?

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,532 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: tickets to a tigers game

Don't buy from a scalper on the street. It is illegal and there is a high likelihood you will be scammed. There should be plenty of tickets available for Thursday day game at the box office - most people are working so a sell out would be unlikely. You might even be able to buy below face value on stub-hub, but I would probably not bother with the hassle.

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,302 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tickets to a tigers game

Tev is right...check the box office the day of the game

Charlottesville
Level Contributor
331 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tickets to a tigers game

thanks guys, good to know in advance that scalping's not a good option in Detroit. i'll either go box office then or stubhub if we decide we definitely want to go to the game. and yep, stub hub is still a lot cheaper than face as of this afternoon.

Charlottesville
Level Contributor
331 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tickets to a tigers game

I actually just nabbed a great deal on infield box seats behind home plate on stubhub, so it worked out. thanks for the help!

5. Re: tickets to a tigers game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 05:17