We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Detriot

Edinburgh, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Traveling to Detriot

I am traveling to Detroit for 10 days from the 5th of August. I am wondering how hot it will be then? And what would be the best clothes to take

Thanks

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Detriot

Typically Detroit is in the low/mid 80s F for highs and 60s F for lows in August. It is also typically fairly humid. It can also be much hotter (90s), but rarely much cooler. Check here for a 10 day forecast just before you leave and it will give you a general idea of what the weather could be during your trip (though I don't know any profession that can be wrong so often and still keep their jobs):

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Detroit+MI+USMI0229:1:US

Are you coming for business or pleasure? Not sure how to advise about clothes since it isn't clear what the purpose of your trip is. Detroit is a pretty casual city, but certainly there are places were more dressy clothes are needed.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,967 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Detriot

It can also drop 30 degrees (F) in a matter of 30 minutes if a storm rolls through. A light jacket and umbrella are not bad ideas.

3. Re: Traveling to Detriot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Detroit