We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

detroit underground Techno scene

Windsor, Ontario...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
detroit underground Techno scene

hey guys!

i've been living in windsor for about 3 years now and i really want to explore the night life of detroit. when people hear about detroit night life, all they can thin about is hiphop. but im talking about what detroit is really known for! techno! the birthplace of techno and the hometown of Derrick May, Kevin Saunderson and Juan Atkins. the three god fathers of techno!! does anyone know anything about the techno scene in detroit? i tried googling it but all i got is a club in pontiac that plays all kinds of edm(including the sh*tty mainstream pop house) but other than that, nothing really. any detroit locals know any good clubs for that?

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
7,033 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: detroit underground Techno scene

Not my scene so not much help from me. Have you checked out the Metro Times?

Level Contributor
822 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: detroit underground Techno scene

I don't know either, but this site may provide some clues

I've happened upon party mailing lists from time to time, but don't recall any of the links.

I thought this was an interesting video on the subject of Detroit and techno. From the sounds of it, though, there isn't much going on beyond Movement/DEMF each Memorial Day weekend.

Or, try contacting one of these guys through their FB pages--

And from the "likes" on Dixon's page, might this link hold some clues?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: detroit underground Techno scene

Unfortunately, Space used to be the place and it closed several years ago.

I would check before heading to these places, but Oslo and Bleu might still have techno if not every night, then maybe certain nights during the week. Unfortunately, like you mentioned, most places have transitioned to EDM.

4. Re: detroit underground Techno scene

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 05:17
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor