We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking tips for Ford Field Lions Cowboys game Oct 27

London, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Parking tips for Ford Field Lions Cowboys game Oct 27

Hi, we (husband, wife, 8year old) are coming in from Canada through Windsor for our first ever Lions game (versus Cowboys) Oct 26 and would appreciate any help. Easiest crossing and parking. We are planning to arrive early to watch pregame warmups inside stadium. I saw where someone even suggested parking in Windsor? Thanks a ton!

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking tips for Ford Field Lions Cowboys game Oct 27

If you are coming early, the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel probably is your best bet. It is much closer to Ford Field than the Ambassador Bridge is. On game days, both the tunnel and the bridge can be backed up, so be aware of that possibility.

There is plenty of parking all around Ford Field, including a parking garage adjacent to the Field (a bit more expensive). Depending upon the weather, I normally just pick one of the lots nearby. Others may have specific recommendations.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking tips for Ford Field Lions Cowboys game Oct 27

Ford Field (and Comerica Park) were intentionally designed with very little nearby parking to encourage people to explore downtown rather than just park, go to the game, and then leave.

I prefer to park south of the stadiums in Greektown or Bricktown and hop a bar shuttle. It is cheaper, plus easier to get in/out after the game. Even though all the shuttles are run by bars, there are kids on them all the time on game day. If you are OK with taking your eight year old into a bar/restaurant, they will be fine with shuttling you. I normally park near Brush and Congress, near Sweetwater Tavern, Jacoby's and The Detroiter - I believe all run shuttles on game day. That puts you only a couple blocks from the tunnel. It is also walkable if you don't feel like waiting for a shuttle.

If you don't want to shuttle, the closer you get to the stadium the more you will pay. There are plenty of surface lots west of Woodward (behind the Fox Theater) and also west of Woodward, north of I-75. Eastern Market is also a common parking area.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
768 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking tips for Ford Field Lions Cowboys game Oct 27

There is also the tunnel bus from Windsor....

4. Re: Parking tips for Ford Field Lions Cowboys game Oct 27

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Detroit