We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Help

Michigan
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Help

I visit Downtown Detroit about once every 3/4 months. I will be down there this up-coming weekend and am having a hard time deciding where to eat dinner. Most recent have been: Iridescence, Joe Muers, Detroit Seafood Market, Small Plates, Vincente's, Roast, Santorini, etc. I would like to try a new place this time that I haven't been however I am torn between Coach Insigna, Jefferson House, or Rattlesnake. I also have thought about repeating Roast since it has been a while since I have been there. Any feedback?

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Help

I'm a huge fan of Rattlesnake Club. I was just there for restaurant week and it was excellent. I have heard too much buzz about Jefferson House. I think Coach Insignia is a solid choice, but prefer Joe Muers over Coach. Do you like Italian? Giovanni's is one of my faves, however its not right downtown. El Barzon is also another favorite of mine, but once again its not located downtown but in the city. They have Mexican and Italian food and somehow the combination works. You can't go wrong with Roast, I have a work dinner there next week and I'm looking forward to that dinner! :) Happy Eating.

Michigan
Level Contributor
822 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Help

I like Jefferson House a lot, and also Rattlesnake though it's not right Downtown. To me Coach Insignia is for the view, and that is it. I've never had noteworthy food there.

Roast, sure, but I'm far more looking forward to the opening of former Roast Exec-Chef Andy Hollyday's new place, Selden Standard. Word is maybe late spring or early summer for that. https://www.facebook.com/seldenstandard

3. Re: Restaurant Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 05:18