We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations near DTE?

Michigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel recommendations near DTE?

Hi there. Can anyone recommend a very nice hotel near DTE Music Theater (formerly Pine Knob)? We are going to a concert there and I'd like to surprise him with a luxury room, preferably with a hot tub. Thanks!

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
563 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendations near DTE?

First I would like to mention that there are really no hotel accomodations in the immediate vicinity of DTE (at least off Sashabaw Rd). The closest and largest variety of accomodation that you will probably find is going to be in the Auburn Hills vicinity which is about 10 miles south on I-75.

I am not sure what your budget is or how luxurious you would like your accomodation to be but there is a 4 star hotel in downtown Rochester called the Royal Park Hotel (http://www.royalparkhotel.net/).

If you are not looking for something quite that lavish then there is a Fairfield Inn next to the Big Buck Brewery off of I-75. Nothing special but clean and probably cheap. Pretty sure they would not have a hot tub. Other than that I can only recommend looking up the hotels in Auburn Hills on the internet.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
981 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendations near DTE?

Royal Park is supposed to be stunning.

I think there is a nice B&B in the Auburn Hills area - I will have to try to hunt down the name. Might get what you're looking for there. If I can find the name, info, I will post back.

AB

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
981 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendations near DTE?

Hi, Verruca. The B&B is called Cobblestone Manor on University. Read about it. If you search B&Bs Auburn Hills on this site there are a couple of glowing reviews.

There is also a HIlton Suites that might fit the bill, on Featherstone.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
981 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendations near DTE?

Hi, Verruca. The B&B is called Cobblestone Manor on University. Read about it. If you search B&Bs Auburn Hills on this site there are a couple of glowing reviews.

There is also a HIlton Suites that might fit the bill, on Featherstone.

BTW, can I assume from your screen name that you're a Willie Wonka fan? :-)

helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
148 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendations near DTE?

Our family stayes at Holiday Inn Troy,MI .-maybe 30min. to Pine Knob. OK you might not consider this a luxuary hotel -,however, it is very solid-clean,breakfast plan, excellent rates for weekends, and hot tub rooms (although we didn't use that type) . Nearby within 1 mile are numerous resteraunts and shopping Somerset Mall 5 minutes away.

As previous writers have stated Pine Knob is kind of way out there and hotels are not on the premesis to my knowledge.

Michigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendations near DTE?

Thanks, everybody! I will check them all out. (Yes - huge Wonka fan)

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel recommendations near DTE?

Holiday Inn Gateway Centre, Flint or Grand Blanc Michigan is very nice too and about 25-30 miles north of DTE. Right off US23@Hill Rd. FYi.

8. Re: Hotel recommendations near DTE?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 09:20