We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating after a show

Which East Lansing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
197 posts
177 reviews
Save Topic
eating after a show

We are going to see the Lion King in the afternoon. Are there any good kid friendly places to grab dinner after the show?

Something local perhaps instead of chain. But we aren't opposed to the "rainforest" type dinning joint.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eating after a show

Well, for something very local and beloved by most MSU alums, try El Azteco on Ann Street. Tasty Mexican food with a lovely roof top dining room if the weather permits. I must admit that I miss the old dingy basement location on MAC but the new location is still pretty good.

My kids love Japanese Hibachi Steak Houses and there is one on Grand River Avenue in Okemos called Ukai. It is so fun to watch the chef cook your food in front of us. www.iloveukai.com

My kids also love Noodles and Company on Grand River in East Lansing. There Mac and Cheese is delicious! This is a more casual restaurant, you order then sit down and they bring you your food. http://www.noodles.com/

Another favorite is the Pizza House on South Hagadorn. The atmosphere is nice and the pasta and pizza delicious. www.pizzahouse.com

Hope these recommendations help! I love the Lion King. It is a truly wonderful show. You are so good to expose your kids to this experience! Moms

Michigan
Level Contributor
197 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eating after a show

Thanks for the quick response. We have a noodles and co near us and we go EVERY saturday after tennis lessons! We love mexican so we will most likely end up there!

Thanks!

Troy, Michigan
Level Contributor
358 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eating after a show

I have two kids at MSU so we've gone to a number of shows at Wharton. We always go to Pizza House before or after the show.

4. Re: eating after a show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about East Lansing