We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wharton Center and places to eat

Which East Lansing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Level Contributor
117 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Wharton Center and places to eat

Hi, coming to Wharton Center twice next year in February for Young Frankenstein and in May for Phantom of the Opera. Looking for a nice, clean place to stay prferably within walking distance. Would arrive Saturday and leave Sunday afternoon.

Also, places to eat after the show, so it would probably be after 11:00 p.m. I notice reference made to Pizza House but was wondering if there were any other places.

Also, what is there to do close-by in the afternoon. Thought we heard about a farmer's market also. Thanks for your help

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wharton Center and places to eat

Michigan State University is physically very large (I remember hearing a reference to 6 miles by 6 miles when I was a student, but that may have just been because the distances all felt like 6 miles durign the dead of winter.) Wharton Center more or less sits not far from the east side of campus. There are a couple of hotels on Hagadorn Road on the east side of campus but it may be extremely cold during Feb. to walk to these hotels. I suggest that you look at the following hotels and then investigate the campus bus system. Either that or drive and park in the lot adjoining Wharton Center. The traffic moves very quickly getting out the parking structure.

For hotels consider: Kellogg Center, the Marriott in downtown EL or Towne Place Suites right off of Hagadorn Road (probably the closest and a lovely stroll in May). Moms

In terms of restaurants, Pizza House is near Towne Place Suites. Other options are Hershey's, El Azteco (downtown EL across from the Marriott), Beggars Banquet, just to name a few. Moms

michigan
Level Contributor
117 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wharton Center and places to eat

Thanks I made a reservation at TownPlace Suites.

3. Re: Wharton Center and places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about East Lansing