We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Bear

cleveland,oh
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Topic
Le Bear

Has anyone been to Le Bear Restaurant? We usually go to Western Ave. Grill or Boonedocks. Thanks!

Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Bear

There is no Le Bear Restaurant any more. A huge, expensive condo has gone up in its place. So disappointing...when will the town wake up! Barri

Chicago
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Bear

There is a new restaurant at the new development. We have not been there, heard that it is $$$$ but good.

Larry

Glen Arbor, MI
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Bear

Huge development? No, quite small actually....only 14 residences. Saved the view, added one of Northern Michigans finest restaurants, the second location for "Windows", and the public is kindly invited to enjoy a beautiful restaurant, with seating for only 38 and sunsets on Lake Michigan from every table. I think that's a great addition to Glen Arbor. Or maybe you would prefer a dirt road, with fishing charters cutting their fish and flying rats all over the place? Less traffic overall and all the beauty of the Glen Arbor area...just ask a local!

Farmington
Level Contributor
7 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Bear

HI..

Going to LeBear for two weeks starting on Friday the 13th.

Will post results around the week end of the 27th. if memory serves me right. The "room" is around 2300 sq. feet with high end toys.

Jet tubs,sleeps 8 people,two fireplaces,heated floors in master bath and room service.

Sounds like a Fun place...will take some pics also.

Best Wishes,

(*_*)

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Bear

Hmmm! Interesting response from our new friend in Glen Arbor.

I remember Le Bear Restaurant. The food was delicious and that view! I miss it! It was perfect with my kids when we stayed at the Homestead. Good or bad, it is gone and a very stylish, fancy resort stands in its place.

I recommend Boones in Glen Arbor. It doesn't have the view but it does have a very "up north" atmosphere with tasty planked whitefish.

As for dusty dirt roads, I love and miss them. I live in the always busy, rarely unpaved world of New Jersey between New York and Philadelphia. While I love the excitement of where I live, I always long for the dirt roads, beautiful water and beaches and quieter lifestyle that Northern Michigan offers. It's what takes me up north each summer rather than to the Jersey Shore where all of New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania choose to migrate in the summer. Moms

6. Re: Le Bear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 June 2010, 06:30
new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Bear

Best of luck Randy! What a great view you have! I hope it all goes well. We'll stop by if we head over to Leelanau this summer. Moms

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,778 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Le Bear

Treat Mom's well RC, I only go to restaurants she recommends. :)

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Le Bear

Funny, Rono, I only go to those you recommend! Your recommendation in Petoskey last summer (City Grille) was spot on! Moms

Illinois
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Le Bear

Have vacationed in Glen Arbor, for the past 20 plus years, we also enjoyed the "LeBear" restaurant, while staying at the Homestead. My boys have grown up on the spending a week almost every summer on the beautiful beach there.

I agree with "Moms", as I enjoy the way Glen Arbor has stayed the same for all these years, no fast food joints, although I read recently, that there is a new "put put" set to open.

Last summer we stayed in town and didn't even take a trip to Leland, or anywhere else, except for one night to emergency room, in Traverse, when a flying football came down on one of my toes, and thought my foot was broken!

Glen Arbor, there is no place I would rather go.

We love going to Glen Haven, and the Dune Climb, but I'm too old to make the climb anymore!

Get answers to your questions about Glen Arbor
More Glen Arbor Topics