We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter shopping?

Olivet, MI
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Winter shopping?

Does anyone know if the shops close up after the summer season ends? I know that towns like Saugatuck have very few shops open and didn't know if GH was the same. My girlfriends and I are looking for a place to go for the weekend in November and didn't know if this would be an option or not.

Thanks!

grand haven
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter shopping?

The stores do remain open in the Winter. Grand Haven has wonderful unique shops, coffee shops, downtown restaurants. Great for Christmas shopping...storekeepers are friendly and helpful.

Fall, Winter & Spring offer a relaxing and interesting vacation spot. Downtown area is a few blocks from Lake Michigan Beach and Park area.

Grand Haven...
Destination Expert
for Grand Haven, Michigan
Level Contributor
948 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter shopping?

I agree with Amberlady. The added advantage to coming to Grand Haven after Labor Day is you won't have to fight the heavy tourist crowds that we get in the summer. Enjoy your time in GH!

3. Re: Winter shopping?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 06:20