We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coming again this summer! thinking of house @ 2nd and elliot

Indy
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
coming again this summer! thinking of house @ 2nd and elliot

the bike path goes near 1st is this correct so we could hook onto that? also thinking of walking elliot to cross to chinook pier to catch trolley. feasible?

anything else I should know about this area?

we've never actually stayed in GH...closest was spring lake so this will be closer than that...we will have a car but prefer not to take it all the time.

thanks.

so excited to be heading back to GH. love it.

North Muskegon...
Level Contributor
841 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coming again this summer! thinking of house @ 2nd and elliot

One block to the bike path and 4 blocks from dining at 6th and Jackson st.

And walking is very feasible from this location to Chinook Pier via the bike path.

Grand Haven...
Destination Expert
for Grand Haven, Michigan
Level Contributor
949 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coming again this summer! thinking of house @ 2nd and elliot

You'll be right in town with sidewalks on every street. The bike path (in the case of downtown we call it the boardwalk) is a short 2 blocks away. Where you're staying, everything is an easy walk. From downtown GH you can ride to Holland, around Spring Lake or even points beyond entirely on sidewalks and bike paths.

Let me know what kinds of things you'd like info about and I'll be glad to fill you in. Kids? Ages? Activities? Hiking or biking? Beaches? Nightlife? Bars / restaurants? Hit me with more details and I'dl love to help.

Indy
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coming again this summer! thinking of house @ 2nd and elliot

thanks. We love the area. We've been visiting area for a few years.. Spent coast guard week there in 2010. Just wanted to make sure location good. I was hoping to be farther down but this was much less than others closer to 'action' plus dog friendly (key).

4. Re: coming again this summer! thinking of house @ 2nd and elliot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2013, 10:18