We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near The Intersection?

Which Grand Rapids hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
171 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near The Intersection?

We'll be at a concert at The Intersection and I'm not familiar with that area. Is there a nice hotel close by? Thanks!

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near The Intersection?

What concert are you going to? We went to Donna the Buffalo at the Intersection a few weeks ago and stayed at the Amway Grand Plaza, it was under $5 for a cab ride to the intersection and you're right downtown for all the bars, restaurants, etc.

We're going down again next week for the Wailers, but we have some friends in the area who are going to the show with us and they're adament about our staying with them.

You really can't go wrong with the Amway, the Days Inn Downtown, the Courtyard or the brand new, ultra swanky JW Marriott. There are other, less expensive hotels further out, but I'd really recommend staying downtown.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
171 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near The Intersection?

Thanks! I tried the Amway and the Courtyard, but both are booked that weekend. Will look at the others you've mentioned. We'll actually be there 2 weekends - for the Jamey Johnson and Eric Church shows in Jan and March. Is is a nice place to see a show? We haven't been there before and was wondering if it was a good venue/bar. Thanks again!

3. Re: Hotel near The Intersection?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 03:18