We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with 15 yr old girl

Albuquerque
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
What to do with 15 yr old girl

I'm visiting GR the last two weeks of July. I'd like to do something special with my 15 year old granddaughter. We could spend a day or one or two nights. She would like horseback riding or a water park and I imagine shopping or some place with teen boys. Any ideas for a special adventure would be appreciated. Thanks. Lynn

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do with 15 yr old girl

My sister just took my 17 year old daughter and 15 year old son to Grand Haven for the day. They loved it! The beach was beautiful and my teens said it was a lot of fun.

How about Michigan Adventure for a water park/amusement park? It is located in Muskegon, less than an hour from Grand Rapids.

My kids have enjoyed the Meijer Gardens although I don't know that many teen boys hang out there.

As for horse back riding, don't know if this sounds good to her or you, but what about the Rainbow Ranch. www.rainbowranch-inc.com/HorsebackRiding.php It looks like fun but there are probably places closer to Grand Rapids that would work.

As for shopping, just ask her where she likes to shop. Most 15 year old girls know precisely where the best shopping is to be found!

Enjoy and have a good time with your granddaughter! Moms

Albuquerque
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do with 15 yr old girl

Thanks so much. These are some great ideas. I looks like the Silver Lake area might be a good place to go if we had a couple of days. Lynn

3. Re: What to do with 15 yr old girl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 11:19