We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rush Concert

Which Grand Rapids hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Marys, Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Rush Concert

Going to the Rush concert in June,can anyone recomend a decent hotel...doesn't have to be with in walking distance of the Van Ardel Arena.Thanks

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rush Concert

I am going to recommend the JW Marriott downtown. Nothing like it, and its far and away my favorite Hotel in GR, and favorite anywhere for that matter. There is a Holiday Inn that will be less money across the river, but still walking distance to the Van Andel. I havent stayed there, but a lot of people do, and they seem to get the sports teams from out of town there. Next to some top notch musuems, including the Van Andel Musuem which has the Titanic Exhibit at the moment. Not sure if it will still be there in June.

If you don't mind a little drive (15 minutes) Grandville has a couple hotels that are nice, like the Grandvillage Inn and the Holiday Inn Express. Those are near the areas largest mall if that interests you, and near the freeway for easy on and off if you are going to the concert, or lake shore tourist communities.

I think you will get a better experience staying downtown though. Great restaurants and bars to pick from.

I too am going to the Rush Concert (I saw them back in 1987-88) so I am looking forward to seeing them again. Let us know if you need restaurants and bars to chose from. Will be packed downtown, so remember the cost of parking if you dont stay downtown. Not always easy finding anything but pay parking lots on game nights or concerts.

Enjoy

Art

Ada, Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rush Concert

I second the jw. We stay there whenever We go to a concert. Book early as prices will go up the closer the date gets to the concert.

Edited: 21 March 2013, 13:41
St. Marys, Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rush Concert

Thanks forthe help. I want to book soon. 5 th time seeing them. Cant wait.

Michigan
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rush Concert

The Grand Plaza is good if you want to go fancy. The Marriott would be next. There are taxis so you can always take one back to the hotel if you want to stay out late after. There are tons of places to hang out at....I would HIGHLY suggest Stella's on Ionia. Best burgers in town with vegan options and a huge whiskey selection.(125 I believe).

Have fun!

St. Marys, Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rush Concert

We booked the Marriott...Thanks for the replies...

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rush Concert

The Amway is fancy, but by no means better because of it. Two completely different hotels with a different vibe. The JW Marriott is really nice, sheik, and modern with a nice little pool, a consierge room for drinks and appetizers if you upgrade, and I assume cheaper, and a good choice as I see.

Stella's is for a younger crowd, and to be honest, not the greatest when comparing it to Grand Rapids best. If you are wanting to hit some of the night spots that you can hear yourself think, and the food has some meat to it with being too spicy, try Hop Cat, Rockwell Kitchen and Tap, Grand Rapids Brewing, Bistro Bella Vita, J Gardella's (my favorite bar downtown), the BOB (Monkey Bar), Mulligans, and Founders Brewing.

Enjoy

Art

St. Marys, Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rush Concert

thanks..looking forward to visiting Grand Rapids for the first time and seeing Rush one more time

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rush Concert

Good suggestions so far...one more...connected to the back of stellas is a quiet little bar called the viceroy...my favorite low key bar in town. Its a prohibition era speakeasy, so theres no sign...go thru setllas and ask...its very cool...ultra premium house made liquors and mixers, etc. Spendy, but some of the best drinks youll have.

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rush Concert

I believed they closed the Viceroy, but the space is still there as part of Stellas?

Art

Ada, Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rush Concert

Was just thinking about it, sign up for marriott rewards (free) and request a upgrade to a corner room at check in. It has always worked for us!!!