We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near the Airport

Which Grand Rapids hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boulder, Colorado
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotels near the Airport

Can anyone recommend a hotel that is clean newish and safe?

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,196 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near the Airport

We were very happy with an overnight stay in The Comfort Inn Airport Hotel in January this year:

comfortinn.com/hotel-grand_rapids-michigan-M…

Enjoyed a meal at a Longhorn Steakhouse close to the hotel, if that's of interest.

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near the Airport

I like the Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids - Airport the best of all the Close to Airport Hotels (Delta Airlines Crew stays there if that tells you something), I have stayed there within a few yrs. along having been to a few Christmas and retirement Parties. It's not new, but it is on the better side of 28th street with nice restaurants very close with less traffic than the West side of 28th street corridor.

I think you will like it, and its modern enough to meet anybody's needs if you are looking for a newer Hotel.

Take a look at the website, and see what you think

Art

Edited: 21 June 2013, 15:27
Kentwood, Michigan
Level Contributor
131 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near the Airport

Anything along 28th Street from the East Beltline to Kraft is going to be "safe" and newish. All of them are 5-10 minutes away tops. I'd probably go with Hampton Inn but it depends on what price category you were looking for. Construction on 28th is currently going on so you'll need to add a few minutes to travel time. There is a "back way" into the Hampton Inn, SpringHIll Suites, and hotels located at Kraft & 28th that will help to avoid the construction if you go with any of them. A google map will show you.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
280 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near the Airport

The Crowne Plaza Hotel Grand Rapids-Airport is clean, comfortable and modern. It is in Cascade, MI which is about 2 miles from the airport. It also offers free shuttle service to and from the airport.

5. Re: Hotels near the Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 05:16