We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk to sites from Amway Grand Plaza?

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Walk to sites from Amway Grand Plaza?

I'll be attending a conference at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in May, and was wondering if either the historic district ( with Frank Lloyd Wright house) or the sculpture will be within walking distance?

North Muskegon...
Level Contributor
880 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk to sites from Amway Grand Plaza?

No replies?

Check out Heritage Hills and Eastown.

Not from GR but know there is some nice homes in these areas and they are near downtown.

Thompsonville...
Level Contributor
749 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk to sites from Amway Grand Plaza?

Downtown is very walkable. You'll definitely be able to walk to Calder's sculpture. Walking to the Meyer May house might be considered quite a hike, but it is doable. Keep in mind it is very up hill on your way there. Supposedly there is a mobile app now with a walking tour of Grand Rapids (mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/0…) There is also a site called GRWalks that offers walking tours of Grand Rapids.

I remember when I was about 10 years old, my grandma and I took a historical tour of downtown. The neatest thing I learned was the worlds narrowest staircase was right downtown. It was right on the Monroe Mall down by Jimmy John's. It has since been covered over.

3. Re: Walk to sites from Amway Grand Plaza?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 05:29