We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chinese restaurant in Holland or Grand Rapids?

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
Chinese restaurant in Holland or Grand Rapids?

Hi,

We're heading over to Holland on Sunday for just a day trip. Our Mother's Day tradition is always Chinese food for dinner. I've looked at the restaurant reviews on TA for these areas and they look pretty grim.

Does anyone know of a good (or at least decent) Chinese restaurant in the Holland or Grand Rapids area? We'll be headed back to the metro Detroit area so anything along I-96 would be OK too.

Thanks much!

MI
Destination Expert
for Ludington
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chinese restaurant in Holland or Grand Rapids?

Buffet or menu? If you dont mind menu service "Blue Ginger" is a good pick. Its located off of M6 at the Byron Center Road exit. It's in the middle of the small strip mall directly across from the big hospital. We eat there on occasion and have never had a bad meal. Its a nice contemporary sit down (booth's and tables) restaurant. Always quiet with very attentive staff.

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chinese restaurant in Holland or Grand Rapids?

Thanks much doggy1! We definitely want menu service, not buffet.

Sounds like an excellent choice!

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chinese restaurant in Holland or Grand Rapids?

Hi doggy1!

I just wanted to thank you for your recommendation for Blue Ginger. It was a perfect ending to a really nice Mother's Day spent at the Tulip Festival and hiking at Saugatuck Dunes State Park. We were starved when we arrived and the food was very good, service was friendly, and we were on the road home in good time.

Debbie

MI
Destination Expert
for Ludington
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chinese restaurant in Holland or Grand Rapids?

I thought of you less than 1/2 hour ago as I drove past the hospital. I wondered if you got there. Glad to help, anytime. Isnt TA wonderful?

Edited: 09 May 2011, 16:09
Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chinese restaurant in Holland or Grand Rapids?

That's a funny coincidence doggy1. TA really is a great resource for trips, no matter how big or small they are. Often it is the little details that really add to a trip.

We enjoyed Holland so we're looking forward to going back this summer while daughter is in her ballet camp. Yesterday we showed her the dorm she'll be staying in so she's very excited for July to come. We drove by the house we rented for one of the weeks through Homeaway and are a little cheesed that the owner misrepresented the surroundings (we'd asked if it was quiet and private and he said yes, but it is a tiny house with an even tinier lot dwarfed by a couple big houses. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it turns out to be a better location that it looks from a drive-by and that the inside of the house isn't as mis-represented as the outside.

Anyway, thanks again!

6. Re: Chinese restaurant in Holland or Grand Rapids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Holland