We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in Michigan Beachtowns?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
where to stay in Michigan Beachtowns?

My girlfriend and I are planning to spend a romantic weekend in Beachtowns. We would like to stay very close to the beach (walking distance) and have some options for night entertainment (again, walking distance). Which town meets best both requirements?

chicago
Level Contributor
8,769 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in Michigan Beachtowns?

New buffalo, grand haven

Mentioned in this post
New Buffalo
New Buffalo
Berrien County, MI
Michigan
Destination Expert
for Saint Joseph
Level Contributor
991 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in Michigan Beachtowns?

St Joseph has a couple of hotels in downtown that are walking distance to the beach and lighthouse and also lots of restaurants -- Silver Beach hotel and the Boulevard Inn. check out this link: www.sjtoday.org

Mentioned in this post
Saint Joseph
Saint Joseph
Berrien County, MI
Silver Beach Hotel
Silver Beach Hotel
529 Reviews
Saint Joseph, MI
Boulevard Inn
Boulevard Inn
281 Reviews
Saint Joseph, MI
Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,449 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in Michigan Beachtowns?

In addition to above south haven's downtown is just 200 yards from the south beach and pier and just a bit farther is the northside and north pier , easy walk to both. I'm not a night owl but York's, Capt Lou's and Joe's Bar , I'm told are fun.

Saugatuck probably has the best night life on the coast but the beach is quite a ways from town not really walkable.

Mentioned in this post
Saugatuck
Saugatuck
Allegan County, MI
Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
7,746 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in Michigan Beachtowns?

www.beachtowns.org

5. Re: where to stay in Michigan Beachtowns?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Holland