We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurants

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
16 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Good restaurants

I'm looking for restaurant suggestions in Holland. We like most everything - pizza, steak, lobster, good burgers and great desserts!

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurants

Lots of good restaurants on Eighth Street - downtown. The Holland Brewing Co. is a brew pub. Good beer and good food. The Curragh is an Irish pub/restaurant with very good food. Also Butch's Drydock. All are excellent. Check the menus for your preferred food selection and price range. There is also the Alpen Rose. Suppposed to be very good but I have never eaten there, so cannot say much about the menu or food. There are a bunch of good cafes for breakfast, lunch, coffee and dessert, too. Subs n More has good hot and cold subs and pizza.

Out of downtown Boatworks is right on Lake Macatawa. Nice views, excellent food.

On the other side of Lake Macatawa, on Ottawa Beach Rd (heading to the state park beach) is de Boer's Bakery and restaurant. The best breakfast, but be prepared for lines, especially on the weekend. Worth the wait, and the line moves fast. I've never had lunch there but the menu looks great.

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurants

PS - For lobster you are going to have to come out to New England.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
16 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good restaurants

Thank you NextStopls for all your suggestions - we will be staying for a week so I'm sure we will try some of them out. When we were in Saugatuck in June I looked online for a bakery in the area and that led us to de Boer's Bakery - we didn't eat breakfast there but purchased several pastries to snack on during the week! Everything we ate from there was wonderful! We will try their hot breakfast when we go back. Thanks again!

4. Re: Good restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 05:15