We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining help

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
259 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Dining help

I need a good place to eat for me and my 17 year old son. He's going to visit Kalamazoo College and I'm hoping he'll choose to attend there so I want to take him to dinner some place that makes K'zoo seem almost as cool as Ann Arbor.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sarah

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining help

K-Zoo is a very cool city. Lets see you could take him to Bells Brewery or Shakespears downtown. Near Western's campus is the campus fav for breakfast Maggies. Waldos is the big bar near K-Colleges campus. Out towards Portage are all of your typical chain restaurants as well as on West Main. The Roadhous is another campus hangout restaurant on the border of Western's and K-Colleges campus.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
259 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining help

What street is the Roadhaus on? Thanks,

Sarah

West Chester, Ohio
Level Contributor
775 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining help

Was just in K-zoo this weekend and ate at a really good restaurant in downtown on the street that has the shops (mall). It was located just south of the street that is M-43 (is that Main?). It's the Union Cafe and they had great salads, paninis and interesting entrees. In the evenings, they have live music with local performers. We definitely will be going back. Enjoy!

BB

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining help

Roadhouse is on W. Michigan I believe but W. Michigan doesn't run through campus anymore. I might be wrong it could be a different road. Its very close to University Arena (thats the big building with the giant W on it.) Waldos and The Roadhouse are very close to eachother, right on the border of Western and K-Colleges campuses.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
259 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining help

Thanks for the help. We ended up eating at the Union last Friday. Nice atmospherre and good food. I would go back again.

Sarah

50 Yard Line
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining help

The Union Cafe is our favorite. Great choice.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining help

I live in Kalamazoo and go to Western Michigan University...if you ever have any other questions let me know!

8. Re: Dining help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 12:19
Get answers to your questions about Kalamazoo