We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Michigan

Which Lake Orion hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
First time in Michigan

Hi i am travelling to Lake Orion in Decemeber and was wondering what means of transport would be best to take to get into Canada.

I will be flying from california to michigan. Can anyone suggest a cheap airline to fly with?

thanks

LAuren

2 replies to this topic
Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Michigan

Your best bet airport is Detroit. You can check to see if there are comparable cost flights to Flint. AirTran, American United and delta fly into Flint. But Detroit is a hub for one of the airlines, Delta or Continental, I think, and is serviced by many more airlines and flights.

As for going to Canada, car is probably your best bet. But you need to check with the rental company. There may be restrictions or higher rates to take the car across the border. Depending on what you want to do in Canada, you could look into buses and trains for getting around in Canada. Port Huron/Sarnia is probably your nearest and easiest crossing, but Detroit/Windsor is not much farther, though you will encounter more traffic going through the Detroit area to get there.

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,587 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Michigan

if you rent a car, be aware that december in the northern USA and canada can be challenging if you get caught up in a snowstorm.... even a light snow will be challenging, especially for someone from a warm climate....

Reply to: First time in Michigan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lake Orion