We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Lansing area in March, what attractions are open?

Which Lansing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Coming to Lansing area in March, what attractions are open?

I am traveling from Indiana to the Lansing area. I am looking for things to do in Michigan around the end of March, something alittle out of the ordinary muesums and attractions. The attractions that really are of interest to me that I have found so far are closed in March. I am willing to go anywhere that is on the way to Lansing, willing to go alittle out out of the way as well. Any suggestions.

Edited: 29 January 2013, 15:55
4 replies to this topic
Flint, mi
Level Contributor
751 posts
1,149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to Lansing area in March, what attractions are open?

Can you give a better description of what kind of "different attraction" you are looking for?

Flint, mi
Level Contributor
751 posts
1,149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to Lansing area in March, what attractions are open?

The Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum in East Lansing is definately not ordinary. "Google image search" that place... maybe that is what you are looking for.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to Lansing area in March, what attractions are open?

It would help to know the kinds of attractions you are talking about that are closed in March. I can't think of many that would be closed for an entire month.

The State Capitol of Michigan is a great place to visit. Make sure you take the tour to learn how all of that beauty was accomplished in a fiscally responsible manner. The Michigan Historical Museum behind the Capitol building is an excellent museum to learn about Michigan's past. How about the R.E. Olds automotive museum in Lansing?

The Michigan State University Campus is absolutely beautiful although in March it is not in full bloom. Still a walk along the Red Cedar River is always lovely so long as there isn't a minus zero windchill.

I have not had a chance to visit the new Broad Art Museum. I am ambivalent about the architectural style but suspect the offerings inside are impressive. Can't wait to visit this summer! Moms

Flint, mi
Level Contributor
751 posts
1,149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming to Lansing area in March, what attractions are open?

Moms,

I look at the architecture of the museum to be of similar impact to the area as FLW's Guggenheim was to NYC when it was built. It was a "sore thumb" to most critics at the time... but over time, most have come to accept it.

Frank Gehry's buildings have a similar effect.

I agree with your other suggestions, all of them are excellant attractions, but they aren't too "offbeat" or different.

Reply to: Coming to Lansing area in March, what attractions are open?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lansing
More Lansing Topics