We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Contemporary Hotels

Chicago, IL
3 posts
Save Topic
Contemporary Hotels

We are really looking forward to going to Mackinac Island. But we have been having trouble finding a hotel or condo rental that has a more contemporary flair...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's just the two of us...

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,635 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Contemporary Hotels

Its been getting some poor reviews lately, but I think that Mission Point Resort is about the most contemporary.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Contemporary Hotels

I wondered what the answer was going to be :) We've had good luck at M.P. and stayed in the main building near the pool. At that time those rooms had AC which is a rarity on the Island. I still think the lobby is cool, and they now have a new restaurant across the road by the putting greens, all outside and decent prices, another rarity on the Island. I've also heard people say the resort is bad, and I can't help but think they were in the old dorm buildings (The resort is converted from an old college)

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Contemporary Hotels

When you say you want a "more contemporary flair" what exactly are you looking for that you are not finding in the many hotels and other lodging options on the island? Keep in mind that on an island with no cars, and more horses than year round residents, the whole image of the island is built around old and quaint.

4. Re: Contemporary Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 07:18