We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Detroit News #1 Fudge

Which Mackinac Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Ignace
1 post
Save Topic
Detroit News #1 Fudge

My friend works for Joanns Fudge and she said that they stuff the ballot box to get the number 1 rating for the fudge in Best of Michigan by the Detroit News Paper that they advertise so proudly. Armin Porter (Oner)and staff sit around for a month in the winter filling out ballots. It makes me mad when I see the signs in the window knowing they lied about it and cheated. DO NOT BUY THEIR FUDGE< JOANN"S CHEATS

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
400 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Detroit News #1 Fudge

Sorry. After comparing all the fudge on the Island, they are still our favorite by our own votes. But thanks for the info.

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Detroit News #1 Fudge

This post doesn't pass the smell test

First post ever on TA...

And it is a rant against Joann's Fudge. Really?

Come now...do we all look stupid.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Detroit News #1 Fudge

Agree.

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Detroit News #1 Fudge

24 and time may be right. Is someone else's fudge under iggy's nails? We may never know.

I do know that, every time we are on the island, we taste all the fudge, sometimes several times to be sure. Somehow, we always end up in the lobby of the Murray Hotel (which is not where we stay in the island). We love their fudge.

sailingislife7
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Detroit News #1 Fudge

I look forward every year to the Detroit News "Best Of" issue and it makes me sad to hear that someone would do that. I think that you should let your product speak for itself. I am not a regular traveler to Mackinac Island but I do know that when I make it back there next I will not visit Joann's Fudge nor will I recommend their products to any of my friends who do travel that way.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
400 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Detroit News #1 Fudge

I'm suspicious also, of now 2 posts from those who have never posted before. Just makes you wonder about a motive.

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Detroit News #1 Fudge

Yep...

I have seen this happen on the Cancun, Playa and Las Vegas boards too. Boards that get a lot more play than the Michigan one.

A first time poster with a rant about a hotel, restaurant, show etc. Or one with a glowing review of the same.

I think we all have to remember that anyone can post anything here and unless a poster has reasonable advice track record it's good to keep it all in perspective...

two four

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,478 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Detroit News #1 Fudge

Agreed.

I give no credit to first time posts that rant or rave about a business.

But I think the reviews suffer from a lot more of this than the forums.

9. Re: Detroit News #1 Fudge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 08:17