We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have made a decision--I am coming Sept. 30-Oct. 2++

Which Mackinac Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Effingham, Illinois
Level Contributor
134 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
I have made a decision--I am coming Sept. 30-Oct. 2++

Is three days enough--what to do besides shopping---planning on going to the Grand to tour, carriage ride, any must see or do---Best hotel for view--I have a request in for the Main Street Inn and Suites for a main street and harbor view from the balcony---any better place to stay--is it worth the price?? Thanks, Rhonda

Ohio
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have made a decision--I am coming Sept. 30-Oct. 2++

I think three days is plenty and I would also recommend riding bikes around island and riding horse back through the island. We went to Jack's stable and rode horses for 1 hr for $35. It was fabulous. Also, if you get a chance walk or ride to The Inn on Stonecliffe for dinner or a drink. It is so secluded and beautiful there.

I just stayed at Main Street last week and it was well worth the money! The rooms are huge and the balcony had a great view! You will not be disappointed.

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I have made a decision--I am coming Sept. 30-Oct. 2++

Ditto to what mmm729 said. If you own bicycles, bring them. That way you have access to them whenever you want them. There is a nominal fee to take the bikes on the ferry, but it is nothing to a few hours of rental. Also, the suggestion about Stonecliffe. The whole interior of the island, which includes The Stonecliffe, is a beautiful place to ride bicycles as well as horses. Very different from the ride around the island. It is like two different places on one small island.

3. Re: I have made a decision--I am coming Sept. 30-Oct. 2++

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 08:20