We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bay View B & B rooms

garden city mi
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bay View B & B rooms

Is there anyone out there who have rented rooms on the first floor at Bay View B & B. On June 2 we had room 101. To say in a nutshell, it was disappointing and to my husband and myself somewhat overpriced. Tiny sink by door when you come in the room, door for bathroom opens into the bed and shower floor had no protection against slipping.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
404 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bay View B & B rooms

We were on the second floor a few years ago. The rooms are small as are most rooms in these wonderful historic buildings. When they were built over a hundred years ago, the livestyles were very different. I believe Bay View added these bathrooms after the home was originally built, and they have done a very good job in making the rooms lovely and comfortable. We spend very little time actually in our rooms, so it was certainly sufficient for our needs.

Mackinac Island is popular for its historic charm, and much of the lodging is a reflection of that history. The expense is something to be expected on an island which only has a peak time of about 2-3 months. However, with the economy as it is, many places are offering great discounts.

I would recommend contacting Bay View about your suggestion to provide some sort of traction outside the shower. The innkeepers would certainly welcome those helpful tips.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
281 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bay View B & B rooms

My wife and I stayed at the Bay View a couple of years ago, but on the second floor. We were quite pleased with our stay, though I have no idea how the room sizes compare to the one you stayed in.

I too would suggest contacting the owners to let them know your thoughts. Should you ever encounter similar disappointment in the future, I'd tell the manager/owner while you are there so they have an opportunity to make sure you leave happy.

3. Re: Bay View B & B rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2009, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Mackinac Island