We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant - seafood

Berwick, PA
Level Contributor
43 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant - seafood

My hubby and I love seafood but we live in PA and never get any fresh seafood. Can anyone suggest a great place to eat seafood at on the Island? We will be there in 2 weeks!

Thanks!

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,699 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant - seafood

Hello tip03,

Perhaps I am reading your post wrong but when someone says to me they like Seafood I think of different types of fish that come from the ocean. A saltwater type fish. Shrimp, lobster, etc.

Have you considered local Fresh Water fish. Like Whitefish, perch. You may enjoy these to.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,635 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant - seafood

In North America, "seafood" includes fresh water fish and shellfish.

The Village Inn on Mackinaw Island has good perch and whitefish.

The huge lunch buffet at the Grand Hotel includes raw oysters & mussels in the shell, two kinds of smoked salmon, shrimp, and other seafood dishes both chilled and hot. At $40/person, it is expensive, but includes non-GUest admission to the hotel grounds, tip and tax.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
403 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant - seafood

You will find several variations of great fresh water fish on the Island, from the Planked Whitefish at the Village Inn, to several options at the Carriage House and Woods Restaurants, and my personal favorite the Whitefish Rueben Sandwich at Seabiscuit.

Yummmm. We'll be there on Sunday and I can't wait!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
281 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant - seafood

In addition to the suggestions above, add Mary's Bistro as a choice for great whitefish and a great view.

5. Re: Restaurant - seafood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2010, 06:20