We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Island Trip This Weekend

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Quick Island Trip This Weekend

We're going to the island as a group of 8 friends celebrating two birthdays tomorrow (Sunday). We've all been to the island a hundred times so I figured there wasn't really a need to post any questions, but when a couple of my friends found out I didn't post to see what was going on, I caught hell!

Anyway, we're going over Sunday morning spending the day doing whatever, we're staying at the Grand so we'll have dinner there, rock it late night and come home sometime Monday afternoon. Right now the weather's looking kind of crummy so we might wind up spending most of our time indoors but if it's nice out I'd like to rent bikes or a carriage and make it out around the back side of the island for a picnic, anyone have favorite spots? Any other fun, off the wall suggestions for stuff to do on Sunday? Stuff out of the "ordinary Mackinac Island"? Anyone know who's playing and where Sunday night? I think you get the idea of what we're looking for, any ideas appreciated!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
404 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Island Trip This Weekend

We're getting ready to leave for the island ourselves! We'll be there tomorrow afternoon thru Wednesday (or Thursday if I can talk the hubby into it).

I'm not sure that I would offer anything you haven't already done, but our favorite out of the way picnic spots are either along the Tranquil Bluff Trail, or at Fort Holmes.

The Town Crier (MI's newspaper) always has a list of who is playing where. Don't know if we'll be taking in any nightlife this time. With 3 active kids, we are going for quiet and relaxation this time.

But would love to see any other ideas too!

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Island Trip This Weekend

On Sunday afternoon the temperature will be around 65° and be Sunny changing to Partly Cloudy. It will be a bit windy with winds around 15 mph out of the WSW.

3. Re: Quick Island Trip This Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2010, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Mackinac Island