We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging for adults

Michigan
1 post
Save Topic
Lodging for adults

My husband and I are looking forward to spending our June anniversary at Mackinac Island. We'd like to stay in a place which is reasonably priced, not too loud and there aren't a lot of kids running around. Are there Inns on the island for adults only?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
406 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging for adults

Many of the bed and breakfasts on the Island are more suited for adults. I believe Bay View Bed and Breakfast is specifically for adults only.

That being said, my husband and I go by ourselves every other year (taking our kids the other years). We've never been disturbed by kids when staying at Main Street Inn and Suites or Metivier Inn, either.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging for adults

Main Street Inn and Suites will provide what you are looking for. Beautiful rooms, great views overlooking either water or Main Street, from certain rooms. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there last June. Didn't even see one kid there, though I am sure there was. Very quiet. :)

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging for adults

What you have to watch more so than children staying with parents are school and scout field trips. May and early June for schools, but anytime for scouts, churches etc that bring their kids on overnight trips.

We stayed in the Murray in the past and there were dozens and dozens of kids running the halls. Not sure where the chaperones were, but it was very loud. Otherwise we liked the Murray.

I think most of the groups stay at the lower-priced hotels such as the Murray and Inn on Mackinac. .

Edited: 17 March 2010, 02:10
Traverse City...
Level Contributor
93 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging for adults

Look into Hart's B&B. We always stay here and it is reasonably priced. Not super fancy, but clean and pleasant. It is on Market Street, just up French Lane from the Star Line ferry dock. Since it is off the main drag, it is very quiet and I don't recall ever seeing kids while we were there.

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
44 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging for adults

Let me sum this place up with one word: INCREDIBLE. If you want details, just email me and let me know. I'll be glad to give you details. Cottage Inn, right on the island. http://www.cottageinnofmackinac.com/

-Stephanie

6. Re: Lodging for adults

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Mackinac Island