We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verizon Coverage on Mackinac Island

Which Mackinac Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis, MN
12 posts
Save Topic
Verizon Coverage on Mackinac Island

According to its coverage map, Verizon does not have cell phone service on Mackinac Island. Can anyone tell me if this is true or if there is, indeed, coverage on the island by Verizon? Thanks much!

Livonia, MI
Level Contributor
689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verizon Coverage on Mackinac Island

I have Verizon and have been able to use my phone both inside my room and outside. Not to say a call has never dropped but it's never really been an issue to make a call.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
281 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Verizon Coverage on Mackinac Island

I've visited nearly every part of the island with my Verizon Blackberry and never had an issue. We even used our Verizon mobile hot-spot last year for our internet and had DSL speeds 90% of the time. You should be fine.

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Verizon Coverage on Mackinac Island

There is a Verizon tower near Mackinaw city. I have Verizon and a few years ago I had to go from Manistique to St. Ignace to get the signal that updates my phone.

Now there are towers near Manistique. Verizon works good on the island and in the UP. Sprint does not.

4. Re: Verizon Coverage on Mackinac Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 05:20