We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Hotel on Facebook?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Topic
Grand Hotel on Facebook?

I read a recent review of the Grand Hotel Mackinac by someone who recommended joining the Grand's Facebook group to receive notice of promotional rates. I just checked Facebook but couldn't seem to find a page or group devoted to the Grand (just one small group that doesn't appear to be active). Can anyone confirm its existence?

We'd like to spend 2 nights there in late August, but the rates on their website are extraordinarily high-- higher actually than for any 5-star hotel we've stayed at anywhere in the world! lol

Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
281 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Hotel on Facebook?

They do have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandhotel

They will also post last minute specials via their Twitter account: @GrandHotelMI

August is one of their busiest months, so the discounts they do post will likely be for same-day or same-week stays, but you never know, so it's good to visit their FB page regularly.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Hotel on Facebook?

Thanks! I don't know why I was unable to find it myself. Strange...

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,226 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Hotel on Facebook?

mykel,

don't forget those rates you're looking at include a 5 course fine dining dinner as well as a full hot breakfast buffet (or full hot breakfast served in your room).

Comparable meals would easily cost close to $100 per person anywhere else on the island.

4. Re: Grand Hotel on Facebook?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Mackinac Island