We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayak Tours in Mackinac Island Area

Level Contributor
4 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Kayak Tours in Mackinac Island Area

Myself and 3 other adults in our 20's will be in the Mackinac Island area from June3rd-7th. We are looking for a guided tour around the area. Can anyone tell me what places are best and if there are any to stay away from? We would like something that is a couple hours in length and has a fun/active/adventerous tour guide.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cedarville, Michigan
Level Contributor
157 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kayak Tours in Mackinac Island Area

I don't know of any on Mackinac Island (I know nothing about the island) but a good option is Woods and Water Ecotours in Hessel which is only about 1/2 hour from St. Ignace. they can take you on a local tour of the Les Cheneaux Island or probably sould do a custom tour in the Straits area. www.woodswaterecotours.com

Little Rock
Level Contributor
3,061 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kayak Tours in Mackinac Island Area

There is a kayak tour company in Indian River, 25 miles south of Mackinac. Their website is somewhat difficult to navigate, so probably calling them would be the best way to find out if they offer what you want.

I know not much about them, but they do have testimonials on their site

Livonia, MI
Level Contributor
689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kayak Tours in Mackinac Island Area

There is Great Turtle Kayak tours on the island. They are fairly new so I’m not familiar with them but it seems like they would be worth checking out if they are open when you are there.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
281 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kayak Tours in Mackinac Island Area

Here's the website for Great Turtle Kayaks now located downtown behind the Horse Corral Mall and Martha's Sweet Shop! http://www.mackinackayak.com/

5. Re: Kayak Tours in Mackinac Island Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2014, 06:19
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor