We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place for my Mom to rest while I bike the island

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Save Topic
place for my Mom to rest while I bike the island

Hi, my family is planing to bike around the island. Is there a place for my 85 yo mother to rest while we cycle? It can be indoors or a shady outdoor spot, preferrably with bathroom facilities. If it's not near the ferry, do we take a carriage to get there? Thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: place for my Mom to rest while I bike the island

I think a great place would be the Library. It is along the bike route and you can pick her up after you are finished. It is next to Windermere Point right on the water. She can sit inside and read or go outside on their back deck and enjoy the Lighthouse and water views. They have restrooms. It is also a very short walk from the Star Line Ferry.

Edited: 15 July 2013, 01:47
Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: place for my Mom to rest while I bike the island

thanks for your quick response!

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: place for my Mom to rest while I bike the island

You beat me to that excellent answer, Phare! I highly 2nd that suggestion-it is a perfect answer. :)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
281 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: place for my Mom to rest while I bike the island

They are correct! The library. I consider it one of the hidden gems downtown and you can't beat the view out the backdoor or one of the comfortable chairs inside.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: place for my Mom to rest while I bike the island

good tidbit to know thanks for sharing I'll remember for a hopefully soon future trip!

Livonia, MI
Level Contributor
689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: place for my Mom to rest while I bike the island

Out of all my trips to the island I just discovered the library spot on this last trip. It's a very relaxing spot.

7. Re: place for my Mom to rest while I bike the island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2014, 06:20