We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner and night life!

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner and night life!

My wife and I are camping across the UP and spending a night at the Hann 1830, but I would like suggestions for dinner and nightlife. We'll be there Thursday nite 7/24. Any ideas would be welcome!

Pink Pony
££ - £££, American, Seafood, Pub
The Yankee Rebel Tavern
££ - £££, American, Pub
chicago
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner and night life!

Dinner at the woods is my favorite

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
5,018 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner and night life!

I don't know your age or interests.

The food and view are good at the Chippewa Hotel and I like their Pink Pony bar when Myk Rise is playing.

You would have a totally different experience at the Grand Hotel. There is a small orchestra at dinner. piano playing in the lobby & Coupola Bar, and dancing with the Grand Hotel Orchestra. Dinner there is very good, but expensive, $79/each. That includes tax & tip, so it is more like $60 somewhere else.

The Grand has a dress code in the evening.

I revisited The Woods a few weeks ago in the evening after really enjoying lunch there a few years back. It is a cool setting, but the food and service did not live up to my expectations.

There are several other venues with live music in the evenings.

Edited: 16 July 2014, 21:35
Mentioned in this post
Pink Pony
Pink Pony
2,165 Reviews
Mackinac Island, MI
Grand Hotel
Grand Hotel
2,772 Reviews
Mackinac Island, MI
The Woods Restaurant
The Woods Restaurant
354 Reviews
Mackinac Island, MI
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
410 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner and night life!

The Pink Pony is a great suggestion for dinner and nightlife. Horn's Bar also offers great live music and a fun bar. The Seabiscuit is a great bar to hang out in though no live music if that's what you're after. We will be there in a few weeks and are looking forward to trying the new pub next to Mary's Bistro that supposedly has 100 beers on tap, including many Michigan microbrews. You will love the island in the evening!

Mentioned in this post
Pink Pony
Pink Pony
2,165 Reviews
Mackinac Island, MI
Seabiscuit Cafe
Seabiscuit Cafe
1,101 Reviews
Mackinac Island, MI
Michigan
Michigan
United States
4. Re: Dinner and night life!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 07:15