We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coolest small towns in America

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Coolest small towns in America

Please join me in nominating Mackinaw City as one of the coolest small towns in the UNited States. You can vote once each 24 hours. budgettravel.com/contest/…

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coolest small towns in America

Done!

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,156 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coolest small towns in America

I gave it my thumbs up too.

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,189 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coolest small towns in America

Really? I just got my sept 2011 issue of BT and the sixth annual "coolest small towns in America" was in it. Are they doing next years already? At any rate, mack city doesn't make my list of the coolest small towns in michigan, let alone america!

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,189 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coolest small towns in America

Petoskey and harbor springs are on there too...

Oakland County...
Level Contributor
257 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coolest small towns in America

Done. :)

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coolest small towns in America

It was the 2011 list coming out that got my attention. The selection of Eureka Springs, Arkansas made me think that Mackinaw City was just as deserving.

This is to nominate towns to be in the competition for 2012, not the selection for 2012. There were 20 nominees selected for the ballot last year including 2 towns from Wisconsin.

I am also supporting Lucas, a unusual town in central Kansas. It has more interesting things than you would imagine in a town of of less than 500 people: http://www.kansastravel.org/lucaskansas.htm

The contest says that small towns are 10,000 or less, but having grown up in a small town, 10,000 or even 5,000 seems big. Petoskey was the big town we went to to do our shopping:-)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,336 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coolest small towns in America

I had to check out the list. Sorry, I can't vote as we haven't been to Mackinac City yet. I found the list interesting to say the least. I've been to a number of the towns, some should NOT be in the list (Wisconsin Dells, give me a break), one isn't a town (South Walton, FL--it's the name for the South Walton County area along the gulf, a beautiful area, but NOT a town) and others are really deserving ( we loved Hendersonville, NC).

8. Re: Coolest small towns in America

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Mackinaw City