We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What carriage tour should I pick?

Katsue
Level Contributor
84 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
What carriage tour should I pick?

We have a group of 5 adults (3 elderly) and 2 kids (8 and 2 years old) will be on island on 7/1 or 7/2 for one day. I have been reading reviews about the buggy and still haven't made up my mind. Can anyone suggest which company should I use and what type of buggy ? I thought about Drive-Yourself Horse & Buggy for one hour, but worry it will be slow and spend over our budget...I saw some where about the package including ferry and horse ride, but don't have details and reviews about it..

Can anyone give me some advices? Thank you

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What carriage tour should I pick?

The private tour will be MUCH more expensive. The other tours are cheaper because they start with more people and after they move you from the downtown, they transfer you to still larger carriages.

We had a good time the time we rented a horse and buggy, but it doesn't substitute for the tour.

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What carriage tour should I pick?

My Mom and I just took the tour with the Mackinaw Island Carriage Tour. We felt it was worth the money because the tour guides were very friendly and very well informed. We saw some people driving their own carriages. Our guide said they get twenty minutes of instructions and then they were turned out on their own.

Katsue
Level Contributor
84 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What carriage tour should I pick?

Thanks for all your suggestions.

4. Re: What carriage tour should I pick?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2013, 05:47
Get answers to your questions about Mackinaw City