We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking ahead to next year

Which Mackinaw City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
27 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Looking ahead to next year

My husband has been wanting to see the bridge for a long time and I think next year will be the year. We are thinking about after Labor Day, That said when should we make reservations. We want to be able to park and walk to restaurants, shopping, the ferry. Thanks so much, I'm sure I will be back with questions.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,491 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking ahead to next year

After Labor Day, reservations aren't a big deal. The weekends are still busy, but not THAT busy. Yes a few places will still fill up, but most will not and those that do, will not fill until fairly close to the date, so you can easily reserve what you want. The main reason to reserve in advance, would be to get the best price.

Mackinaw City is compact and a pleasent place for walking. More than half of the hotel rooms are within walking distance of almost everything. A few are more handy than the others.

Level Contributor
27 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking ahead to next year

Thanks, I appeciate the response.

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,656 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking ahead to next year

we liked the super 8. the best western looked nice too. both on the beach and walking distance from the ferries....

Michigan
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking ahead to next year

After Labor Day, if you go to Mackinaw City during the week you will have no problem finding a place to stay, either in Mackinaw City or St. Ignace on the north side of the bridge. There are a number of state parks within easy driving distance that you may wish to explore as well. If you are looking for a scenic drive either to or from home, consider going through the Upper Peninsula. The drive along US-2 is very scenic.

5. Re: Looking ahead to next year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Mackinaw City