We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging Guidance

Grand Haven, MI
3 posts
Save Topic
Lodging Guidance

I'm due to travel on business to Monroe at the end of October, and am not finding indication of any decent hotels (decent +). I'm not averse to a location between Detroit and Monroe, as there will be some cross-travel during the stay, and it seems like the proximity to the lake ought to offer something. Anyone know of a decent beachfront anything in the southeast corner? Thanks!

Detroit Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging Guidance

as opposed to Grand Haven there is no beachfront hotels or B&B between Detroit & Toledo, that i know of, having lived in the area all my life. Some of the major hotel chains are in the area will be located on I-75 between Southgate ( about 30 minutes north) and Monroe. Not much after Monroe until you get to Toledo. If there is cross travel the Holiday Inn in Southgate might be your best bet. Happy Trails

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging Guidance

Dundee, Mi, has several nice chain motels, and restaurants. They are near the Cabela's store, right of I-75. Dundee is close, nice area, but it ain't on the water.

Detroit Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging Guidance

Actually Cabel's is on US 23 not I 75. Yes there are alot of hotel chains in that area. But the drive between Monroe & Dundee along M50 ( I think) can be slow. I guess it would depend what area of Southeast MI you will be visiting

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging Guidance

oh my jmark!! you are SO correct, I screwed that up.. I knew that too! Thanks for catching it, its US23 through Dundee...

Get answers to your questions about Monroe