We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NWR 2102 rates out

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
NWR 2102 rates out

NWR has published its rates for 2012.

I just had a quick look through and discovered some price reductions *shock horror*

Off season rates (Nov - July) the rates for all Etosha camps are significantly lower than this year, especially Onkoshi Camp.

Peak season Halali is pretty similar to this year. Namutoni and Onkoshi are cheaper but of course the plot had to be lost at some point and they have chosen Okaukuejo for that. N$900pp for a small double room...yeah I think I will give that a skip.

Gemma Dry - Owner - Discover Namibia Safaris

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NWR 2102 rates out

Good news indeed. Commercial realism arriving at an NWR camp near you..Never did care for Okauhuejo because of the crowds. That'll test their loyalty.

Schweiz
Level Contributor
7 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NWR 2102 rates out

Wow - forecasting 90 years into the future and they already know that they won't increase prices. Send those guys from NWR to a Swiss Bank - we're in dire need of such forecasting geniuses here as well ;-)

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NWR 2102 rates out

Oh I am sure The Swiss Banks will get by without NWR help. After all they have so many secrets that nobody knows when they get it wrong!

Just Ms Dry's faux pas. Too many Pina Coladas over the week end.

Edited: 28 March 2011, 20:44
Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NWR 2102 rates out

Hmmm I did notice my typo......but it was too late to press edit! I haven't been on the Swakop sauce lol!

Naracoorte
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NWR 2102 rates out

Sadly, we generally no longer stay in the park - prices too high and service too low! However we did spend 3 nights camping at Halali last year. Love Halali - my favourite camp but the service and food options (It was our only nights camping and couldn't be bothered self-catering) were hopeless, erratic, completely underwhelming. We were there in September and all the camps in the park seemed to be only 1/4 to 1/2 full at best unlike Etosha Safari Camp and Onguma where we stayed outside the park.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NWR 2102 rates out

Despite its crowds, which do seem to get noisier and the new trend to take your own flashlight, which particularly annoys my wife, and despite the motorised zooms, adjusted every second, Okaukuejo has given us some of the most amazing sights. I would still always give it a night. We were in etosha one october, is november much different?

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NWR 2102 rates out

November is still good for game viewing, and you have the added bonus that it is out of peak season so it is cheaper! It is darn hot in November though, hotter than mid summer as you don't have the cloud cover.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NWR 2102 rates out

The only time I did not like Etosha as much was September. 4x4 racing around in clouds of dust, chattering classes (and glasses) at Okauhuejo at night. Never heard the zoom lenses going for the noise.

Got my new Kit now John. Wife wonders why I have torn the sleeves off all my Safari shirts and the lower legs of my trousers. Got the mock leather hat complete with Zebra skin band and am learning to drive barefoot.

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NWR 2102 rates out

Goodness, you're not going to wear that get up around Swakop are you (some do btw!) I shall have to pretend I don't know you..lol

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NWR 2102 rates out

Saba Douglas Hamilton does that barefooot driving stuff. I have always been very impressed. I am now rethinking my safari gear in the light of Mfuwes outfit. My new safari waistcoat (ebay) now seems so yesterday.

The other thing that bothered me on last Etosha visit was the enormous collars on some elephants . It would seem more appropriate to put them on the motorised zoom brigade.

Get answers to your questions about Etosha National Park