We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary - Damaraland and Caprivi Campsites

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary - Damaraland and Caprivi Campsites

I got a lot of very good advices from you, folks, (esp. mfuwe, Gemma, Chris, Clive....) the last year, see:

tripadvisor.com/…48008836

Our trip was so succesful that I will probably take other people there the next May for 16-17 days. I would like to make slight corrections to the previous itinerary:

1st) Add one more campsite in Damaraland between Okakuejo and Ongongo. Which one? Roadside, Hoada or Palmwag? We loved Ongongo and Ngepi just to show our preferences.

2nd) Still no campsite available in a half-way between Kunene River Lodge and Ngepi Camp? We would be driving on D3700 and C45.

3rd) I am considering to skip Omarunga at Epupa and Kunene River Lodge and drive directly to Caprivi after Damaraland and Etosha and get deeper there (Camp Chobe, Kalizo Lodge etc.). We probably will have the single entry Namibian visa only so we will not be able to visit Victoria falls or to return to WDH via Boswana either.

4th) We are not interested in so called "scenic South".

What would be your suggestions towards itinerary?

Thanks Petr

1. Re: Itinerary - Damaraland and Caprivi Campsites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Etosha National Park