We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to go gaya from kolkata

Which Bodh Gaya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nyaung Shwe, Myanmar
1 post
Save Topic
how to go gaya from kolkata

can anyone tell me how can i get gaya from kolkata.i want to visit to gaya.and where can i stay there.i will arrive kolkata about 10 p.m.i also want to make economy visit too.

keonjhar
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: how to go gaya from kolkata

dear Mr Asis,

So nice of you to respond and i will remember your gesture always

I along with family will be going on december 14 by Neelachal exp which reaches at Gaya at 3.30 am. would Bharat sebasram office be open at that time?

THANKS

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: how to go gaya from kolkata

Hi, anyone knows of Train number 12321, HWH Mumbai Mail? As my partner and i intend to depart from Kolkata to Gaya in April, taking this train as apparently it seems to have the best timing.

Thank you lots!!

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,798 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: how to go gaya from kolkata

The mentioned train is good one for gaya in respect of timing.

Edited: 28 January 2011, 08:12
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: how to go gaya from kolkata

I presume it will be safe too :)

Thank you so much for the reply :)

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,798 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: how to go gaya from kolkata

Yes, its safe. Get the tickets for AC First Class, if you can afford. The Railway authority takes extra care about the safety and comfort in this class. Even there are coope for 2 passengers in some compartment, if you get that, you'll enjoy the privecy also.

Edited: 28 January 2011, 10:29
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: how to go gaya from kolkata

Hi AshisRoy,

Yes, manage to get the AC first class! Thank you for the assurance and info about Indian Rail government : )

I have a couple more questions, hope you don't mind.

May i know the distance between Gaya train station to Bodh Gaya? What's the approx duration to travel from Gaya train station to Bodh Gaya itself?

Once out from the train station, is there a taxi stand or something for us to catch a taxi/auto to Bodh Gaya? Will the stand be noticable enough? Lastly, how much approx will it cost for an auto/taxi to travel from Gaya Train station to Bodh Gaya?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Best Regards

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
34,798 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: how to go gaya from kolkata

Hi less

Gaya Junction is 15 km away from Bodh Gaya. Drive time is approximately 30 min. Taxi charges from railway station Bodhgaya is about Rs 300. Auto rickshaws also ply in this route.

AshisRoy

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: how to go gaya from kolkata

Hi AshisRoy, thank you so much for the fast response!

However i have more questions..really would appreciate if you can answer these as well. Apologise for more questions:

- For taxi from Gaya Train station - Bodh Gaya is 30mins, then does that mean an auto will talk 1hr? How much is the cost for an auto? Would you advice to take an auto?

- Will you happen to know what is the distance, duration and cost of taking a taxi/auto from BodhGaya to Patna Train Station as we will that will be where we'll be leaving BodhGaya from?

- Lastly, noticed that you are from Kolkata, pardon me for side track a little - do you happen to know if there are any cafes or shopping in Kolkata International Aiport arrival hall as we will land in Kolkata at 15:50, and our train to Gaya is at 22:00 at Howrah Train Station. So we thought it's better for us to sit around in the airport till about time to go to the train station since we are not sure where we can go during that couple of free hours. Any suggestions/recommendations would be really grateful :)

Thanks a million AshisRoy!!

Cheers!!

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
34,798 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: how to go gaya from kolkata

Hi Elvesb

As a matter of fact, auto rickshaw's fare is same as taxi in that route. You should take taxi, it is better than auto in all aspects. I have mentioned auto rickshaw as an alternative option.

The Distance from Patna to Bodhgaya is 130 km.

and Drive from Patna to Bodhgaya takes about 2.6 hours by car.

You can have coffee and snacks either at Mani Square or City Centre, both are shopping mall with nice cafetaria and restaurants of all tastes. My advice to leave for Howrah station at least 2 hrs prior to departure time, the road is most unpredictable, it gets traffic jammed every now and then.

AshisRoy

Edited: 09 February 2011, 06:35
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: how to go gaya from kolkata

Hi AshisRoy,

How far away is Mani Square and City Square from Kolkata International Airport? How much time do we have to cater for traveling from the airport to either one of these malls?

Thank you lots for your reply and time.

Best Regards